Wishing you and your family a blessed Triduum and Easter! Below are some resources for this Blessed Holy Week.
May God Bless You & Your Family!
Teresa & Deacon Dominick
Resources for Holy Week
- How to Gain a Plenary Indulgence During Holy Week
- Introduction to the Holy Week
- EWTN Online Learning Series on Jesus’ Seven Last Words
- A Primer on Indulgences
- Ridding Yourself of Long Standing Sin
- Ideas for how to make a Holy Hour during Eucharistic Adoration
- Fr. John Hardon’s Examination of Conscience
- The Ultimate Guide to Celebrating Holy Week with Kids
I encourage you to set aside some time time during Holy Week to read and ponder EWTN’s Holy Week Page to learn all about why we commemorate Holy Week. Be sure to scroll down to the very bottom of the page to the excellent “Links” and “Devotions” they list there.Be sure to also visit the EWTN Special Programming Page for important programming for this holiest of weeks and into Easter and the Feast of Divine Mercy, including solemn events from Rome with Pope Francis.
Set your DVR or alarm to wake up to tune into Pope Francis’ “Ubi et Orbi” Blessing to the world (Sunday, 6amET on EWTN).
Check out Pope Francis’ Schedule for Holy Week and Easter HERE.
Resources for Holy Thursday
- Prayers for Priests
- Learn about the “The Sacrificial Nature of the Mass: The Power of the Eucharist” by tuning into Fr. Mitch Pacwa, S.J.’s segment on Catholic Connection Thursday morning at 9:15amET on EWTN Radio or via the EWTN app or the Ave Maria Radio App
Resources for Good Friday
- Nine Things to Know About Good Friday
- The Significance of Good Friday
- Stations of the Cross
- Pope Benedict XVI’s Stations for the Cross
- Way of the Cross for the Holy Souls in Purgatory by Susan Tassone
- Walking The Way of the Cross for Caregivers by Michelle Laque Johnson
- Begin The Divine Mercy Novena Today and gain a Plenary Indulgence (scroll down for info about the Novena)
Resources for Holy Saturday
- The Lord’s Descent Into Hell – An Ancient Homily
- A Primer on Indulgences
- Prayer for Holy Saturday
- Tune into “Women Made New,” with host Crystalina Evert at NoonET on EWTN Radio with guest Teresa Tomeo discussing beautiful Easter Traditions
Resources for Easter Sunday & the Octave of Easter
- Prayers for Easter Sunday
- A Chronology of Resurrection Appearances by Msgr. Charles Pope
Divine Mercy Novena
On Good Friday, April 7th, we start the Divine Mercy Novena to pray for souls, as requested by Our Lord, to St. Faustina. Visit DivineMercy.org to learn about the Novena, a special nine day prayer ending just before Divine Mercy Sunday, and how to pray it.
Attached to this Novena is a Plenary Indulgence. Learn more about that here. To receive the Indulgence be sure to go to Confession within 8 days of the Feast of the Divine Mercy, and to receive more special graces be sure to receive the Eucharist on Divine Mercy Sunday, if you are able to receive it.